Sofia Crokos Events & Lifestyle
x
The Heritage Collection

 

LOREM IPSUM DOLOR SIT AMET, CONSECTETUR ADIPISCING ELIT. MAECENAS CONGUE, LECTUS VITAE LUCTUS TINCIDUNT, ENIM ANTE FAUCIBUS QUAM, AT ULTRICES METUS ARCU ELEMENTUM SAPIEN. CRAS ALIQUET URNA BLANDIT FELIS IACULIS, NEC TINCIDUNT MAURIS ACCUMSAN. ALIQUAM SED MOLESTIE MASSA. CRAS EFFICITUR ARCU URNA, QUIS SUSCIPIT IPSUM TINCIDUNT EU. AENEAN NON PORTA ENIM, VITAE INTERDUM MAURIS.

 
 
8VB_ext.jpg

 

Villa Astor

 

Perched on the cliffs of the Sorrentine Peninsula, overlooking the Bays of Naples, Villa Astor is an extraordinary private residence boasting one of the most beautiful gardens in Europe and the finest botanical collection. Still standing within the grounds are the ruins of an ancient Roman villa built by Agrippa Postumus, grandson of Emperor Augustus, that date back to the 1st century A.D. At the beginning of the 20th century William Waldorf Astor, U.S. Ambassador to Italy, acquired the property and designed a splendid garden at the back of the house where a 13th century convent, subsequently rebuilt to house a Dominican monastery, once stood. Another notable name associated with the Villa is Benedetto Croce, the famous philosopher and political activist, whose presence temporarily turned the property into a “center” of Italy’s political chronicles.

 
 

BACK TO TOP

all photographs by Bruno Ehrs


 

Villa Balbiano

 

Situated between Il Dosso di Lavedo and the Comacine Island, Villa Balbiano is one of the most important historical properties on the shores of Lake Como. The history of Villa Balbiano can be traced back to mid 16th century and is strongly linked to the noble Giovio family who used it as their residence. At the end of 16th century, the Villa was sold to Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio, who redesigned the original palazzo after the drawings of Pellegrino Tibaldi. A century later, in 1787, Cardinal Angelo Maria Durini, politician and patron of the arts, acquired the Villa. Enlarged and embellished, Villa Balbiano was used to host a gallant and frivolous society where festivals, banquets and dances followed one by another relentlessly.

 
 

BACK TO TOP

all photographs by Bruno Ehrs


 

Villa Clara

 

Perched on the cliffs of the Sorrentine Peninsula, overlooking the Bays of Naples, Villa Astor is an extraordinary private residence boasting one of the most beautiful gardens in Europe and the finest botanical collection. Still standing within the grounds are the ruins of an ancient Roman villa built by Agrippa Postumus, grandson of Emperor Augustus, that date back to the 1st century A.D. At the beginning of the 20th century William Waldorf Astor, U.S. Ambassador to Italy, acquired the property and designed a splendid garden at the back of the house where a 13th century convent, subsequently rebuilt to house a Dominican monastery, once stood. Another notable name associated with the Villa is Benedetto Croce, the famous philosopher and political activist, whose presence temporarily turned the property into a “center” of Italy’s political chronicles.

 
 

BACK TO TOP

all photographs by Bruno Ehrs


 

Château de Villette

 

Château de Villette, built in the XVII century and designated as one of the most important historical Château in France, is located approx. 40 minutes west of Paris. The Château was designed by Francois Mansart (1598-1666) for the Count of Aufflay, Jean Dyell II, who served as ambassador to Italy for Louis XIV. The construction was led by Jules Hardouin-Mansart (1646-1708), nephew of François Mansart and a lead architect for Louis XIV. The splendid gardens were designed by Andre Le Notre, who also created the gardens at Versailles. The pedigree and elegance of classic design, brought by him, earned Château de Villette the designation of “Le Petit Versailles”. Château de Villette is set in a French woodland style park of 75ha, located in Condecourt. Over the last few years the Château, its gardens together with two lakes, 16th century pressoire à vin, the magnificent cascade fountain, the glass house and the orangery has been renovated to the highest standards of comfort and luxury by the famous French decorator Jacques Garcia.

 
 

BACK TO TOP

all photographs by Bruno Ehrs